We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at Hotel de la Paix recently?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
8 posts
330 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at Hotel de la Paix recently?

We're going to Geneva for a few nights this summer (vacation) and are considering this hotel. We can't see any recent reviews and the older comments are mixed to say the least. Can anyone help?

CAB
Geneva
Level Contributor
291 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at Hotel de la Paix recently?

Dear Rambler,

No one has stayed at the Hotel de la Paix recently since it has been closed for at least 18 months undergoing some important renovations.

The inauguration reception was last week and the hotel is now open to guests.

I have no doubt that many Tripadvisor readers who have stayed at the old De la Paix would strongly advise you not to go. It was awfull.

But I heard good things from friends who attended the inauguration and the newly refurbished hotel should be worth the experience.

It's the car show this week in Geneva and the hotel must have been full over the press days (last 2 days). Among all these people let's hope that one is reading this post today and may answer your interrogation.

If not, I don't think you will take to many risks in trying the property and let us know in a review what you thought of it.