We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking train Geneva to Paris

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
234 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Booking train Geneva to Paris

I have two questions with regards to booking a ticket from Geneva to Paris. Firstly, when will the new timetable be available? We will be traveling in December and wish to try to get a special but without knowing when to check the site for tickets I will have to check everyday until they become available.

Secondly, when I input a date in October for travel Geneva to Paris using the SBB site I can get the train details but when I click on Fare/Buy (to see what the fares will be) I receive the error message: An error has occurred. The parameters for the connection could not be accepted.

Am I doing something wrong or are there tickets not available to purchase through the SBB site?

Thanks for any help.

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking train Geneva to Paris

The train between the two cities is operated by the French rail company. Best is to book through their website http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,710 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking train Geneva to Paris

The TGV opens reservations 90 days in advance...and the earlier you book, the cheaper the seats.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,099 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking train Geneva to Paris

! ! ! IMPORTANT NOTE ! ! !

If you book in advance from any of the SNCF website(s), the ONLY place in Switzerland to pick-up your train tickets is at the SCNF Boutique office in Geneva across the street from Cornavin station @ Rue de Lausanne 11 during normal business hours.

For tickets by mail, SNCF does not routinely / actually post the tickets until 10 to 14 days before the travel date.

Another option is to go to a SNCF station in France to pick-up the tickets.

Edited: 12:50 pm, September 20, 2011
4. Re: Booking train Geneva to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 23, 2012