We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ranch of inespensive shops in Geneva ie Clothes, Shoes...

Northern Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Ranch of inespensive shops in Geneva ie Clothes, Shoes...

Hi,

I am visiting Geneva for 3days 18th, November 2005 with My sister-in-law, and wondered what variety of inexpensive shops, other than watches and Chocolate are on offer?

Winston Salem
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ranch of inespensive shops in Geneva ie Clothes, Shoes...

The two places that come to my mind are Manor and H&M. Both are big stores. Manor is a department store with a full grocery store, clothing departments, electronics, and just about anything else you want located inside. H&M is a nice clothing shop that offers a little bit of all styles and very reasonable deals. I know there is an H&M located diagonally from the train station (if you are in the station facing out, it is to the left on Rue du Lausanne). Manor is located diagonally to the right in the same manner. I believe there is also an H&M in the Rue du Rhone area, but I cannot remember exactly which street.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ranch of inespensive shops in Geneva ie Clothes, Shoes...

In my experience Geneva and inexpensive are not words that go together. The first time we were there prices did not seem too bad, until we realised that we were not looking at French francs (as they were then) but Swiss francs so that prices were four times more than we had imagined!

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ranch of inespensive shops in Geneva ie Clothes, Shoes...

Do your shopping on the 18th and 19th. On the 20th, Sunday, all the stores will be closed except for a few souvenir stores. H&M has nice clothing for men and women. In addition to the one by the train station, as mentioned, the other store is located on Rue du Marche 40. There are many stores from Rue du Marche to Rue de Rive. Don't know the prices as we were there on a Sunday and all the stores were closed.

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ranch of inespensive shops in Geneva ie Clothes, Shoes...

Bide your time .

Come to London for Jan sales

There wil be a blood bath this year

Will save enough to have a small

holiday.

The Swiss franc is the strongest

currency in Europe currently 2.30

to £.

Nothing ever was reasonable in

Switzerland after the 60s when it was

13.56 to £

Gerlis