We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Hotel Bristol / Lively Bars

4 posts
Save Topic
Airport to Hotel Bristol / Lively Bars

I am visiting Geneva with my girlfriend for a weekend in November. I was wondering if anyone would know the best (and maybe cheapest) way from the airport to The Hotel Bristol. Also, are there any nice lively-type bars which anyone might recommend for Saturday nights? Cheers.

Level Contributor
438 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Hotel Bristol / Lively Bars

The Bristol is at the lake end of the Rue du Mont -Blanc which runs directly down from the railway station. You can get a train from the airport to the station. It's not a long walk down, especially as you will only have weekend luggage. Can't really help with lively bars but there are a few Irish bars in the city which seem to get quite busy. There is one on one of the streets off the Rue du Mont -Blanc but I only went in once and can't remember the name of it sorry! Enjoy your weekend!

Winston Salem
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Hotel Bristol / Lively Bars

If you head back up on Rue du Mont Blanc towards the train station and take a right onto Rue du Lausanne, there is a good bar called Les Brasseurs across from Cornavin that is sure to be rowdy on a Saturday night. It caters to locals and people travelling into town (not necessarily tourists). Or you can walk over the bridge to Old Town and check out Demi Lune or Flanagans. Demi Lune is very trendy, Flanagans is a typical Irish Pub. Both are good bets on a Saturday night...just keep in mind that Geneva bars don't stay open all night long, so hit them early.

Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now