We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train times

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
420 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Train times

Hi again everyone,

We are planning a visit to Geneva in March and land late on a Friday night (22:30 if there are no delays). Will the trains still be running from the airport to the city centre? What time is the last train in case we are delayed.

Thanks,

Kaz

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,118 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train times

Hi Kaz08,

You can get all the train schedules at the Swiss rail site,

www.rail.ch

Have fun!

s

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
420 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train times

Hi swandav,

Thanks for your response. This may seem a daft question but what stop do we get off at if we're staying at the Manotel Edelweiss?

Thanks,

Kaz

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,118 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train times

Hi again,

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that hotel or with the city of Geneva either!

But you can get that information. The easy way would be to go to the hotel's website and look for the pages with location or access information; this is the kind of information they routinely include. Or you could e-mail the hotel and ask specifically.

The hard way to get that information would be to get the hotel's street address (from the website), then map the location at a www.mappy.com, then look for the nearest train station or bus stop on that map.

Hope this helps!!

s

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train times

Hi Kaz, all trains from the airport stop at Geneva main station so you would need to get off there. It's not too far to walk to the Edelweiss but at that time of night, plus with luggage, I don't think I would do it. You can catch the No 1 tram in front of the station to Jardin Botanique and get off at Place de la navigation. As you leave each stop the display unit at the front of the tram shows which stop is next, so keep an eye on that! (You would need to get a ticket from the machine before getting on the tram) You could, of course, get a taxi from outside the station but I have no idea of the cost - I would think quite expensive even for so short a distance! (I hope my memory is serving me correct with the tram info!)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
420 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train times

Thanks swandav, I'll e-mail our hotel.

Chrissymay, great tip about the tram. I'll be sure to remember that.

I know that cabs are expensive there but it seems easier at that time of night than the train from the airport and then a tram, etc.

6. Re: Train times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 20, 2009