We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Geneva

Which Geneva hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
11 posts
Save Topic
Weekend in Geneva

Due to some last minute changes, My wife and I may have to spend the next weekend in Geneva. Fly in on Friday night (Sep 21) and leave on Sunday afternoon (Sep 23).

Could anyone provide any tips as to where to stay, what to see, if we need a car there?

This would help a lot as this detour was very unexpected but this would want to have a blast regardless.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend in Geneva

If you are just staying in the city, you don't need a car. Geneva has a great public transport system which is very reliable and safe.

Places to stay depends on budget, there are lots of hotels but it's an expensive city. Can only suggest you try and find something using the tripadvisor hotel reviews.

As it appears you only have Saturday, I'd suggest you stay in town. Have a stroll around the old town and maybe take a boat trip on the lake. You could take a return trip to Yvoire (lovely little village in France). Webpage of the boat company:

http://www.cgn.ch/en/home/

If you fancy a bit more adventure there are numerous day trips up into the Alps.

Let us know your preferences and I'm sure you'll get many suggestions. There really is loads to do around here.

Geneva
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend in Geneva

Plenty to browse here..

www.geneve-tourisme.ch/…

3. Re: Weekend in Geneva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 10, 2009