We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geneva Airport

Bangalore
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Geneva Airport

Hi,

I will be taking easyjet flight from Geneva airport to London Gatwick. On an average how long will it take to clear the security checks and get to the departure gate in geneva airport so that I could plan for my other sightseeign activities in Geneva.

Thanks.

Bahrain
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Geneva Airport

Hi,

Geneva airport is small and quite efficient. The time it takes to get from the check-in counter to the departure gate depends on on the time of day you are travelling, but I've done it as fast as 10 minutes for a late evening flight. Can take up to an hour around 8 a.m. if you're unlucky and travelling on a heavy travel day of the year.

You'll probably have to wait once you get to the departure gate anyway as the EasyJet flight will certainly be late.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Geneva Airport

My flight is at 2:35 in afternoon. Will it be crowded at that time?

Thanks.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Geneva Airport

Easyjet is extremely efficient. They have self-check-in machines (and you have no options but to use these) and a very quick bag drop. The whole check-in procedure from walking through the door to being done should take no more than 5 minutes.

The next hurdle is passport control. There might be a queue here, but it is usually quick. Again, leave yourself 5 minutes to get there and get through.

Easyjet leaves usually from the central satellite terminals. Security is done individually for each terminal, and there may be 2 or 3 flights clearing security at the same time. But even in a worst case scenario, 20 minutes to walk from passport control to security, get through security and to the gate should be ample.

So if you leave yourself 40 minutes (which is Easyjet's minimum anyway) you should be fine. An hour will cover all eventualities.

4. Re: Geneva Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, September 09, 2009