We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going up Glacier 3000 in Les Diablerets

London England
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Going up Glacier 3000 in Les Diablerets

I have done some reading and figured out how to get to Les Diablerets by train from Geneva. I want to go up the Glacier 3000 but i understand that the cable car is not near the train station. What is the best way of getting to the cable car? Is it walking distance?

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going up Glacier 3000 in Les Diablerets

The cable car is at the mountain pass Col du Pillon. The walk from Les Diablerets would be pretty long (maybe an hour), but the post bus from Les Diablerets to Gstaad stops at the cable car. To get the timetable put Col du Pillon as destination on www.sbb.ch/en.

London England
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going up Glacier 3000 in Les Diablerets

thanks mube

i was just checking the weather for Glacier-des-Diablerets which according to the weather network will be around 24C when i go? does this sound about right?

www.theweathernetwork.com/skifx/CHXX0596

London England
Level Contributor
63 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going up Glacier 3000 in Les Diablerets

i see the buses are not very frequent, better make sure i dont miss the last bus back! Assuming i do, i take it a long walk will be in order?

Les Diablerets, poste 09.09.07 dep 10:05 0:14 0 BUS

Col-du-Pillon arr 10:16

3 Les Diablerets, poste 09.09.07 dep 11:10 0:14 0 BUS

Col-du-Pillon arr 11:21

4 Les Diablerets, poste 09.09.07 dep 14:05 0:14 0 BUS

Col-du-Pillon arr 14:16

5 Les Diablerets, poste 09.09.07 dep 16:05 0:14 0 BUS

Col-du-Pillon arr 16:16

6 Les Diablerets, poste 09.09.07 dep 17:05 0:14 0 BUS

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Going up Glacier 3000 in Les Diablerets

<i was just checking the weather for Glacier-des-Diablerets which according to the weather network will be around 24C when i go?> Maybe this website forgot that this place is in the mountains. According to the offical source (www.meteoschweiz.admin.ch) it will be 24-26C, but in the lowlands. Don't expect warm temperatures on the glacier! Don't forget the warm clothes. But you have luck, it looks like it will be a very sunny day, so the view will be great.

<i see the buses are not very frequent, better make sure i dont miss the last bus back!> For the 9.9.07: The last bus to Les Diablerets leaves at 16:49, there is also a bus at 17:16 that goes to Gstaad. This makes sense, as the last cable car down leaves at 16:30 (take the one before if you want to be sure to catch the 16:49)

see: glacier3000.ch/en/…

5. Re: Going up Glacier 3000 in Les Diablerets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 09, 2009