We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting a sim card on the weekend

11 posts
Save Topic
Getting a sim card on the weekend

My flight is schedule to arrive Geneva Airport at around 18:30 on Saturday, and I need to get a sim card for my 3 weeks stay in Geneva and Geneva Lake region. My classes would start on Monday morning meaning that I won't be able to get out during office hours to register myself a prepaid sim card for my mobile phone. I notice most shops close by 18:00 and don't open on Sunday... is there anywhere I can go to register and buy a prepaid sim card?

Also, is it best to get one from Swisscom? What about Orange or other service provider? From whom would I get the best deal if I mostly use the phone for local restaurant reservation and for calls overseas using one of those phone cards which you dial a 0800 number to get connected.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,179 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting a sim card on the weekend

I can't recall exactly but there may be somewhere in the train station mall next to the airport. It's open until 8pm 7/7.

Also, if you go upstairs to the departure level, there is an Interdiscount, but I am not sure if they do SIMs only.

Otherwise, I am afraid you are stuck until Monday evening. You should be able to find something open after your courses. Depending where the course is you should be able to do it on your lunch hour.

Otherwise, you won't find much difference between Orange and Swisscom. I have used both prepaid in the past.

2. Re: Getting a sim card on the weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 27, 2009