We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train ~ round trip or one way

Northeast USA
Level Contributor
67 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
train ~ round trip or one way

I will be flying in to the Zurich airport in late June and plan to take the train to Bern, where we will be staying. Does it make sense to purchase a 'return' ticket along with the ticket to Bern? Is there a $$ savings?

thanks,

linda in the USA

Northeast USA
Level Contributor
67 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: train ~ round trip or one way

My goodness - what helpful feedback! I too had gotten the impression that Interlaken was a 'must see.' Your comments are eye-openers. I really appreciate the alternate suggestions.

One thing, though, about the HFC: wouldn't it also help with the purchase of daily rides on public transportation within the city of Bern? We plan to see lots of the sights there, and our hotel is somewhat on the outskirts.

linda

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
37,603 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: train ~ round trip or one way

I realised that, Arvind, when I was last in Interlaken!! But you have really summed it up well. I think that the tour bus companies like using it for some reason, or the local tour operators used by the Indian travel agents do... so more and more go, and it doesn't get better, in fact the contrary!!

Maybe you can make a difference??

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: train ~ round trip or one way

Most of us are trying to do so.

Another factor is one Mr.Yash Chopra,a top-notch Bollywood producer/director who shot extensively for most of his films in Interlaken and other places too,bringing Switzerland in the lime-light for Indian audiences. He was honored with the title ' Ambassador of Interlaken ' ,a plaque placed on Hoheweg and a suite named after him at the Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel,Interlaken. ( He expired recently ). Hence most Indians equate Interlaken with the best of Switzerland,and hence the desire to visit Interlaken.

arvind

14. Re: train ~ round trip or one way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 12, 2014