We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

berne railway station

Which Bern hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
berne railway station

i am arriving at berne hauptbanhof at 13.o on 28 june,i then need to catch a local train s51 or s52 to bern brunnen westside.According to the sbb online timetable,there is a seven minute walk from bern hauptbanhof to bern station to catch the local train.My question is are these two stations or are they the same station.If they are two different stations could anyone please give me directions to the station for the local trains.Thanks in anticipation.

Steve

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: berne railway station

s51 and s52 run on the normal tracks, you just have to change (in most casas) the platform and everything is well indicated. If you put for example Zurich to Bern Brünnen Westside on www.sbb.ch/en it doesn't show you any change of train station parts.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: berne railway station

It's the same station. Off your train, down the underpass and up onto the platform for the train to Brunnen Westside.... takes 2 or 3 minutes.

There is also the S5 in addition to the S51 and S52.

There are three trains an hour to Westside, leaving Bern HB at 08, 19 and 34. They normally leave from platforms 12 and 13.

Edited: 3:19 pm, June 11, 2011
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: berne railway station

Thanks very much for the replies, the ssb website was a little confusing.Am really looking forward to our trip to Swizerland.Thanks again.

Edited: 4:48 pm, June 11, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: berne railway station

How far is the train station to hotel Metropole Swiss Quality.Can somebody help.Thank you.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: berne railway station

About 300 metres. If you google "Hotel Metropole Bern", the first result is a map showing where it is.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: berne railway station

Thank you for the information.Re Station

7. Re: berne railway station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, October 03, 2012