We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bern vs Gruyeres on trip

Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Bern vs Gruyeres on trip

Looking at my schedule (Lausanne, Interlaken, Luzern,Zurich) have to decide whether to spend day going to Gruyeres and Cailler factory or spending day in Bern. 2 adults plus 2 college age so pros/cons..help..thanks

NJ
Level Contributor
196 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bern vs Gruyeres on trip

Keep your options open if possible and let the weather decide.

Beautiful day - Gruyeres and Chocolate factory.

Rainy/cloudy - Bern with covered shopping arcades, great street food, etc.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bern vs Gruyeres on trip

Gruyeres is the winner for me. The cheese museum is fun - you get a free mini packet of cheese at the end (what more could a person want!) and the town itself is like something out of a fairytale. A short bus ride away, is the village of Moleson, from where you can catch a funicular and cable car up to the top of Moleson mountain for lovely views. In Moleson itself, there are lots of fun and silly rides like a summer luge and grass karting. To get to Moleson, you can catch the bus from by Gruyeres station.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,188 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bern vs Gruyeres on trip

Hi DT,

Gruyeres for me too. Of course, I always like a country setting!

s

Level Contributor
41 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bern vs Gruyeres on trip

thanks everyone...looks like Gruyeres for us...

5. Re: Bern vs Gruyeres on trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 03, 2009