We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy a Baden-Württemberg-Ticket in Basel SBB?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,279 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Can you buy a Baden-Württemberg-Ticket in Basel SBB?

I will be flying into Basel-Mulhouse and going up to Karlsruhe. Is is possible to buy a Baden-Württemberg Ticket in Basel SBB station?. And where do you validate it if is?

I know it is only valid for local trains and involves a change (I've done the journey in reverse with the ticket in the past) but I don't want to book an EC/ICE and worry in case the plane is late

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Can you buy a Baden-Württemberg-Ticket in Basel SBB?

shame on YOU! tsk tsk! For the crime of stealing from me, the Basler tax-payer, i condemn you to buy me a huge coffee, next time you are in Basel :)

deal?

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Can you buy a Baden-Württemberg-Ticket in Basel SBB?

Deal, looks like I'm coming off very well...But there's a twist, I'll be going by tram...

23. Re: Can you buy a Baden-Württemberg-Ticket in Basel SBB?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:50 am, February 28, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Can you buy a Baden-Württemberg-Ticket in Basel SBB?

You can buy the day ticket at the new ticket machines, I believe that the ones in Kleinhüningen are still the old ones.

I think, that they have also changed the system recently and you can pay also by credit card. I am not sure though.

25. Re: Can you buy a Baden-Württemberg-Ticket in Basel SBB?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, February 28, 2015