We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live music bar/restaurant & day trip to Zurich

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
13 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Live music bar/restaurant & day trip to Zurich

My wife & I are staying in Basel from Thur 2nd May leaving Mon 6th May. Could anyone recommend any bars/restaurants that play live music on Fri, Sat or Sun nights. We like any type except Jazz (which might be an issue in Basel!!). We are in our late 50th's, but coming from a music city Liverpool & still being night-owls, we don't mind what kind of venue it is, but would like somewhere where we can be seated. Somewhere atmospheric would be nice maybe in the old town. Also if a restaurant any advice on what time to make a reservation would be appreciated i.e. if we make a reservation for 8PM would we have to vacate the table for a 10:00 PM reservation. We are staying by Basel SBB station.

Also we are planning to take a day trip to Zurich by train on either Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th, any recommendations on which day would be best to make the visit. Whilst there we would like to do a bus tour & if possible a trip on the lake.

Hope someone can help.

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live music bar/restaurant & day trip to Zurich

www.birdseye.ch/content.php…

a nice, little cosy Jazz club

Close to Barfüsserplatz and the center.

-------------------------------------------------------

And there will be the Jazz festival going on.

http://www.offbeat-concert.ch/

Edited: 1:43 pm, April 17, 2013
Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live music bar/restaurant & day trip to Zurich

sorry.ou wrote except jazz

Very nice classic music. Cheap; as you pay as much as you want.

http://www.musik-akademie.ch/

bar piano and exdfellent whisky bar:

www.desarts-basel.ch/index.php…

Not cheap though

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
13 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live music bar/restaurant & day trip to Zurich

Thanks Maetzli

I'll have a look at these venues.

On another forum response you mentioned the sightsseing ship and eat on board Basler Personenschifffahrt AG. I'm looking at the Diner Surpise trip on Friday 3rd May are these trips popular so do I need to make a reservation now or can I book on the day?

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live music bar/restaurant & day trip to Zurich

The trips are well known, but depend on the wheather. Normally you can get a ticket on the same day.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
13 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live music bar/restaurant & day trip to Zurich

Ok thanks once again for your help.

6. Re: Live music bar/restaurant & day trip to Zurich

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Basel