We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

Japan
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

I am planning to fly from Paris to Basel, using Easy Jet.

My concern is safety of the airline, time delay and lost luggage.

Anyone has experienced that before?

I lost my luggage in Spain earlier this year and it pretty much ruined the trip. Will try to avoid same situation.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Spain
Spain
Europe
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

I have flown with Easyjet something like 200 times and have had very few problems. Aircraft are all fairly new and they have never lost my luggage. They do sometimes run late towards the end of the day as they rely on quick turn rounds, so I try to avoid flying in the evening when I need to catch trains or buses.

The more expensive airlines often encourage the press to run critical stories about the budget carriers but these are almost always without foundation. I have flown a great deal in the last twenty years and my worst experiences with customer care have been with BA, ANA and almost all US based airlines.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
260 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

You may not lose your luggage on easyjet, but if it is overweight you can expect to pay an addl fee (as pre regulation).

be more careful about the airport easy get uses than their aircraft quality.

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

Though Easy Jet is a discount airline, there is no aircraft older than 4 years ( Airbus 320 normally). I often fly Easy Jet. No problems so far. ( The flight from Nice is often late), the others are normally on time.

They close the gate on the minute. Make sure that you are not late!!!

Easy Jet service is very reliable in my opinion.

Japan
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

Great thank you all for the information. Booked the flight and will raise my red flag if there is anything that comes up. Your replies boosted confidence.

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

Hi,

I also have flown many times with Easyjet with few problems. Basel doesn't have as many flights a day as say Geneva, and my parents did once have a problem with their flight being cancelled out of there due to heavy snow, with no further flights that day. However, that is only the once out of many years of travely, so I think you have made a reasonable decision.

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
redmond
Level Contributor
99 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

So is BASEL- Mulhouse (BSL) on easy Jet the same Basel in Switzerland?

Mulhouse part on the destination name got me confused.

I have heard abouta Mulhouse in France.

Can I get to a SBB station from there ?

Are there hotels to stay nearby as my flight arrives at 10:00 at night?

Is the airport area safe at night?

I Am travelling with my husband , but I am still concerned.

Thanks a lot in davnce.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

>So is BASEL- Mulhouse (BSL) on easy Jet the same Basel in Switzerland?

Yes - it is between Basel and Mulhouse, hence two names. It also has a French and a Swiss side.

>I have heard abouta Mulhouse in France.

Yes, that's the one (aka Mülhausen)

>Can I get to a SBB station from there ?

There is a bus every 10 min to the SBB station.

>Are there hotels to stay nearby as my flight arrives at 10:00 at night?

Don't know - but you can as well accept the additional 15 min on a bus into town, where your hotel choice is much better.

>Is the airport area safe at night?

> I Am travelling with my husband , but I am still concerned.

Why should it be unsafe? The planes are not falling down here as well. :-) and there are no night take-offs or landings.

cqt
Southern California
Level Contributor
277 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

I've also found that the EasyJet planes are pretty new - at times, they seem newer than BA's.

As far as being late, I don't think that EasyJet is any worse than BA. When we flew back from Naples three weeks ago, EasyJet was a bit late taking off but our BA flight was 3.5 hours delayed due to mechanical issues.

However, I've decided not to fly them any more - I really dislike the idea of the "cattle call," as I term it. The fight to get to your seat seems a bit too annoying than it's worth. BA assigns you a seat with online check-in 24 hours before.

One good thing about EasyJet over BA is that they don't actually weigh your onflight luggage if it's the right dimensions. Whereas BA in London's airports are rabid about weighing things and making you check it in.

Good luck!

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

Agree re cehap airlines not so long ago air travel was comfortahble now unless you go u a grade it varies from the almost unbearbale to the just acceptable Gerlis

milton keynes
Level Contributor
221 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet? Any bad experience before?

Easyjet? Long delays, (between 10 and 26 hours) on the re-scheduled flight we were finally allowed to travel on, rude staff, no management at all on site at either Malaga or Stansted where we were finally flown in to, instead of Luton, not one tannoy announcement to tell us what was happening. Apology? Attempt to calm irate passengers down by giving information? Not a chance.

There's a jumbo jet full of people from several different flights, some of whom had been bussed to 3 airports, others who had been put on other flights and then not been allowed on, all cursing Easyjet's lack of management or willingness to help passengers in any way. Ask us if we'd travel with Easyjet again and you won't be surprised by the answer!

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain