We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Penguin Walk-Basel Zoo

New York
Level Contributor
356 posts
281 reviews
Save Topic
Penguin Walk-Basel Zoo

Greetings,

I might be staying in Basel sometime in July or August.

I absolutely adore penguins and read about the Penguin Walk at the Basel Zoo. Does anyone know if this is something that is done every day at the Zoo? I would hate to travel and then find out there is no penguin walk on the day that I visit.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Lisa

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Penguin Walk-Basel Zoo

As much as I know they are only doing it during the winter season, when temperatures are more comfortable for the Penguins.

New York
Level Contributor
356 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Penguin Walk-Basel Zoo

Thanks for the info...I was worried about this. I did not want to get all excited about seeing it and then find out that they were not going to do the "walk."

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Penguin Walk-Basel Zoo

The zoo is famous and also enjoyable if the pen guins are not on the walk.

Don't muiss the new ape building and Africa exhibition.

New York
Level Contributor
356 posts
281 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Penguin Walk-Basel Zoo

Thanks :-). I am pretty certain I would visit the zoo if I ended up in Basel for a day or so. It sounds fun!

5. Re: Penguin Walk-Basel Zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 08, 2014