We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sauna at the Airport Hotel Basel

Albany CA
2 posts
Save Topic
Sauna at the Airport Hotel Basel

I am staying overnight at the Airport Hotel Basel after a long flight and would really like to relax in the hotel sauna -- do I need to pack a swimsuit (I'd rather not)?

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sauna at the Airport Hotel Basel

A swimsuit in a sauna is not common in Basel. At least not in Fitness Centers. With hotel guests comming from all over the world it might be a different thing . If you like to be on the safe side, I'd write short e-mail to the hotel.

Edited: 1:29 pm, October 14, 2012
Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sauna at the Airport Hotel Basel

I am not sure that swimming suits in a sauna are very hugienic, I would never wear one. As Mätzli says, in spas around here a large towel or a pareo would save your blushings.

Albany CA
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sauna at the Airport Hotel Basel

Thank you Maetzli and Taksidiotis for the replies -- I did check with the hotel and to my relief no swimsuit required. (I really dislike the feeling of hot wet clothing when trying to relax -- not to mention the hassle of one more piece of [wet] clothing to pack.)

I read with interest your postings in other forums for the city of Basel, especially the suggestions for walking...thank you!

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sauna at the Airport Hotel Basel

Thank you for the feedback Frank.

I hope you will relax and have a good night.

If you have time to go downtown try this one:

http://www.dampfbadbasel.ch/index.php?lang=e

Total bliss.

5. Re: Sauna at the Airport Hotel Basel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Basel