We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking apartment in Basel

Hong Kong
3 posts
Save Topic
booking apartment in Basel

I will go to Basel during the Exhition. I'd like to make a reservation in a apartment which is near the expo. The details are following:

2 rooms, check in 16th March 2010, check out 26th March 2010.

Thanks for someone can help me.

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking apartment in Basel

As this has been discussed several times I dare to send you the link of the several topics, which might be interesting to you.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=752&geo=188049&scope=2&q=appartment&s=+&returnTo=%2FShowTopic-g188049-i752-k2964848-Booking_apartment_in_Basel-Basel.html

Basel is a quite small city but with an excellent public transport. So, it isn't really necessary to book an appartment/B&B or Hotel close to the fair square. Obviously the prices are the highest there.

Simply choose an accommodation which has a direct tram connection. The tram will bring you to the expo within a few minutes.

Hong Kong
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: booking apartment in Basel

Thanks for your suggestion. I think I will rent a car and will book apartment hotel like family hotel. The apartment is not so far away from the expo, maybe 10-20 minutes driving. Thanks!

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking apartment in Basel

you have to hurry with your bookings, you might find it hard to get something even this early in the year.

driving in Basel can prove a big stress, almost everybody uses public transportation or walks.

especialyl if you do not have a parking, I suggest that you forget about the car.

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booking apartment in Basel

If you indicate the village or area, we can search for public transport solutions for you.

As taksi wrote, it can be a exhausting nuisance for a foreigner to find a correct way in Basel with its one way streets, and almost impossible to find a parking gap during big faires around expo. And it can be expensive.

I recommend the public transport system (tram,bus, train) which is cheap, safe and always on time. But it depends, where exactly you are staying.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,816 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking apartment in Basel

And what do you want to do with teh car?

Sorry, renting a car to get into the city center just doesn´t make sense. It just doesn´t.

Hong Kong
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: booking apartment in Basel

Thanks all!

haha,I also think it is difficult to drive a car.

Anyway, I must book apartment hotel for 2 rooms. It is urgent, otherwise we will not have rooms.

Do you all have any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Sue

7. Re: booking apartment in Basel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 20, 2010