We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer stay in Basel

Which Basel hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Summer stay in Basel

Howdy people!

I posted a similar message almost a yr ago when I had to decide between Heidelberg and Basel to spend my working summer in.

Having stayed in Heidelberg last summer...I am thinking of giving Basel a shot this time around...I have been offered, yet again, a summer job (I am student...) at the Research institute at Basel University Hospital.

This time I have been offered 1K per month excluding housing.

Upon doing some quick googling, I see that a furnished flat at the staff's residence will cost me 550 Fr per month...leaving me with around 400 Sfr to spend on food etc.

I will very likely write back...asking for a slight raise...what would you guys suggest that I ask for?

1500 Sfr/month?

Thanks in advance :D to everyone who replies :)

Samie

PS: since I dont drink or smoke, that shall be excluded from any consideration

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Summer stay in Basel

Very nice of you to invite me at your place and/or Taksis' :) and very courageous too, I shall say :D to invite a stranger to your gathering :D

I am impressed :) you guys are just too cool!

I shall PM you and Tak the date as soon as I have it confirmed.

Samie

madrid
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Summer stay in Basel

hello,

i want to go to basel aswell for summer time.Where can i apply for a job?i don´t know german, im starting so not enough for working only with german yet.

can someone tell me somethin in palomazafratunon@gmail.com?

thank you very muuuuuuuuch :)

33. Re: Summer stay in Basel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, September 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Basel