We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian restaurants in Basel?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian restaurants in Basel?

Hi,

I'll be traveling to Basel in September for a few nights and am vegetarian.

Can you recommend any vegetarian restaurants or those that have good vegetarain options in Basel?

Thanks!

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Vegetarian restaurants in Basel?

You are welcome

Being a Basel expert yourself, I guess there won't be many questions left. :-)

But whenever I can help you, just let me know.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Vegetarian restaurants in Basel?

Dear Taksidiotis and all,

Sorry it's been so long since I've been on the Basel forum. Your help has been invaluable.

I will be staying at the Les Trois Rois Hotel and am very intersted in visiting the Papiermusuem and Die Gleich. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me where these restaurants are in relation to this hotel?

Thank you so much in advance!

Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Vegetarian restaurants in Basel?

You are welcome

1. Café Gleich: From Les trois Rois it is a 10 min walk. ( or the trams 14, 8, 6, 10 or 11 for 2 stations til Barfüsserplatz). You cross the Marktplatz straight away and walk through the Gerbergasse. Shortly before reaching Barfüsserplatz, you will see it on your right.

2. Paper Mill Museum: Situated in a very beautiful quarter called St. Alban, next to the historic city wall. From your Hotel take any of the above mentioned trams to Barfüsserplatz. There change to tram no. 3 ( final station Birsfelden) and leave it after 4 stations at "St. Albantor", walk through the historical tower and turn right down the hill towards the Rhine. Shortly before reaching the banks, you will see the paper mill museum to your right.

You can also combine with a short walk straight away over the Münsterplatz ( main cathedral ) hill and on the other side down to St. Alban, which is a very nice 20 minutes walk.

Enjoy!

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Vegetarian restaurants in Basel?

hey sage, you are staying in a very beautiful (and recently renovated)

Hotel.

I have nothing to add to mätzli's directions (except that if you are in Basel after the 12th september , send a note - i live near the papiermühle and would love to show you around my quartier).

As a suggestion: after your meal, take the Fähri (little boat crosses the Rhein), cross the Rhein, walk on the other side until you reach the next (or over next ) Fähri and cross again to your hotel.

Take care

Tak

PS: @mätzli: thanx for the tipp again, cannyman's looks gorgeous and is also currently num. 18 at things to do in scotland (www.scotlandistheplace.com)

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Vegetarian restaurants in Basel?

Thanks, guys,

You are the best! And Taks don't know how much time we'll have, but your offer is simply lovely.

Sage

16. Re: Vegetarian restaurants in Basel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Basel