We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Basel hotels booked out??

israel
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
All Basel hotels booked out??

Hello,

I just scheduled a flight to Basel. My wife and I plan to be there from April 11th till the 15th.

I was looking for inexpensive hotels in the area (~100CHF), but it seems like all are completely booked due to the Baselworld jewelry fair.

PLEASE tell me that I`m wrong...

Doron

Mentioned in this post
Basel
Basel
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
Basel / Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Basel hotels booked out??

Unfortunately you are right. Thousands of jewelry- and/or watchwholesalers from all over the world meet here. They even stay with private family rooms. No hotel room available 50 km around Basel. Sorry.

Mentioned in this post
Basel
Basel
Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Basel hotels booked out??

hallo Doron, the city started to be crowded already-wonderful ambiance but unfortunately all hotels (inexpensive or otherwise) are booked so this does not help you a lot.

Try this site: www.bnb.ch but I think you have to find a hotel further away, in Bern for instance or in Zürich (both an hour away by train).

Good luck

Tak

Mentioned in this post
Bern
Bern
Bern Mittelland District, Switzerland
London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Basel hotels booked out??

Do you have business or particular plans in Basel, because otherwise you could easily head for another part of Switzerland by train and stay there.

Mentioned in this post
Basel
Basel
israel
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All Basel hotels booked out??

Thanks, found a hotel in Mulhouse, France!

Doron

Mentioned in this post
Mulhouse
Mulhouse
Haut-Rhin, France
London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Basel hotels booked out??

That's good. Have a nice time.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Basel hotels booked out??

Great Doron.

Mulhouse is only max. 40 min. away by train. The train will bring you to the french part of the rail station here in Basel, that is about 10 min walk from the center of the town.

have fun

tak

Mentioned in this post
Mulhouse
Mulhouse
Haut-Rhin, France
Basel
Basel
7. Re: All Basel hotels booked out??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 29, 2009