We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Resort - Christmas Winter Holiday

Auckland Region...
4 posts
Save Topic
Ski Resort - Christmas Winter Holiday

My Partner & I from New Zealand (age 30) are planning on a white Christmas this year and would like to start in Switzerland. We would like to stay in a very picturesque ski resort or village where the skiing caters to beginner & intermediate ability as well as somewhere with a few selections of eateries etc

Since we will likely be there for Christmas Day (dates not locked in yet) it would be great if it were accessible to the brilliant Christmas markets I've read about and also have an open restaurant on Christmas Day.

I appreciate that the prices will be higher at that time of year so something not too ritzy or 5 star would be more budget appropriate as I imagine we would have a required minimum 5-7 night stay over peak times

If you have any other suggestions of winter attractions not to be missed they would be gratefully appreciated also

Many thanks!

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Resort - Christmas Winter Holiday

Do you have any idea which airport you will be most likely to fly into? This will help people guide you to the best options for you.

Germany has the most famous Christmas markets, but Switzerland's markets are getting better each year. Depending on where you fix for your main base, we can suggest the best market for you (perhaps to visit en route to your final destination). The one I am familiar with is the Montreux Christmas market. It runs up to and including 24th December.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Resort - Christmas Winter Holiday

Christmas day is high season in ski resorts - the restaurants will be open wherever you go.

3. Re: Ski Resort - Christmas Winter Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 04, 2015