We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interlaken to Jungfrau to Lucerne

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Interlaken to Jungfrau to Lucerne

Plan to go to up to Jungfrau from Interlaken in the morning and come down in evening to catch the train to Lucerne. All this on 12 Mar.

You think its too rush.

canada
Level Contributor
7,728 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interlaken to Jungfrau to Lucerne

Should be fine. Check with www.sbb.ch for the timetable of the last train down from Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald.

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Interlaken to Jungfrau to Lucerne

Thanks. But just noticed the last Golden pass train from Interlaken to Lucerne is at 3pm.

Looks like have to shorten our time up at Jungfraujoch.

Thanks

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,812 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interlaken to Jungfrau to Lucerne

Hi Viji0312

You can take any train from Interlaken Ost to Lucerne on the Bruenig railway (Northern leg of the Goldenpass). The difference between the trains is not important.

pore

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Interlaken to Jungfrau to Lucerne

That's good to hear. With Swiss pass, does that mean I need not seat reserve? So if I want to enjoy the scenary, then the latest train I should take so its not too dark to enjoy.

Would it be better for us to overnight in Interlaken and move to Lucerne early next morning.

Thanks for your advice. Its really helpful

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
14,812 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interlaken to Jungfrau to Lucerne

Hi Viji0312

Look at the timetables. Mid-March I think it will get dark at about 7 pm if it is a clear day which means you would need to leave Jungfraujoch at about 2.30 pm.

I would spend a night at Grindelwald instead of Interlaken if it were for me and if you decide to overnight.

pore

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Interlaken to Jungfrau to Lucerne

Hi Viji0312

How's your trip to Jungfrau? Able to share some advice on the train pass? Thanks!

7. Re: Interlaken to Jungfrau to Lucerne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 08, 2015