We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Revised Itinerary- Pl advise

India
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Revised Itinerary- Pl advise

21 May - Fly in to Geneva

Where should I stay ? vevey/ chembres/ chateau d'oex or saanen ? 3 nights

I plan to cover - Chillon castle, Vevey, Rochers de Naye,Gruyeres,Gstaad over the 3 days.

Also Bern

24 May- Montreux to luzern How to travel ?

4 nights in luzern.

Lake Brienz, Ballenberg,Iseltwald,Schynige Platte, Rothorn train, Titilis, Pilatus

28 May Fly out from Zurich

I was earlier planning to stay a few nights in Brienz, but not getting desired accomodation

Pl advise. Thanks in advance.

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,663 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Revised Itinerary- Pl advise

I am not sure where "chembres" is - so I will ignore that!

For the first part most of the places you list are very near Vevey. And even Gruyères and Gstaad can be visited on a day trip from Vevey.

But Luzern is not the base to choose if you are going to Brienz, Ballenberg, Schnyige platte etc. It takes too long to get there. If you cannot find accomodation in Brienz, then try Interlaken. Not ideal from the point of view of the place itself, but convenient to the places you list. On the other hand, Pilatus and Titlis are best done from Luzern. But you only have 7 days. You cannot possibly cover all the places you list in 7 days.

I suggest you make a decision between Luzern and the Interlaken area. And then stick to sightseeing in that region.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Revised Itinerary- Pl advise

If you cannot get suitable accommodation in Brienz I would try Meiringen it's about 15 minutes by train to Brienz 40 to Interlaken and just over an hour to Luzern so you could cover the places you want to see.

The local website is I think www.haslital.ch or look on the My Switzerland site.

Edited: 4:04 am, January 12, 2014
India
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Revised Itinerary- Pl advise

Thank a lot Hambagahle and Marmot 12.

Hambagahle, I am having a tough time choosing between Interlaken area and Montreux area. In terms of my travel dates, your preference? Cant do both, overshooting my budget :(

Marmot 12, Thanks a ton for that pdf. Lots of info i had missed out earlier. Checking out the options.

Will keep you posted. Regards..

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,663 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Revised Itinerary- Pl advise

May is usually very nice around any of the lakes. Interlaken is not on a lake but is between two - so if you choose the Oberland try to stay somewhere like Brienz. On the Léman (Geneva) Vevey would most likely be more reasonable than Montreux.

Now which to choose? You will have a lovely time in either. And personally I think I would stay in Brienz and explore the Oberland (and Bern if you can fit that in). But either are fine.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Revised Itinerary- Pl advise

Hi Neha

I agree with Hambagahle. Brienz is beautiful lake side town. You can visit Ballennerg open museum and Wood carving museum there. My wife and I loved it.

If you are going to use public transport , this website

www.sbb.ch/en

will help you in deciding where to stay as you can calculate the travel times.

Good Luck finalising the itinerary.

Cheers

Abhijit

India
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Revised Itinerary- Pl advise

Thanks, Abhijit. I checked the site. Amazing, you can really plan to the closest minute :) Reduced so much of my anxiety

Regards

7. Re: Revised Itinerary- Pl advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 16, 2015