We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budgeted stay in one city and travel around.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
304 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Budgeted stay in one city and travel around.

Hi all,

I searched my question in Switzerland forum, and found suitable answers.

The only problem that I have, is the hotel prices.

I’m traveling to Milan in mid Aug. I have 5 days in Switzerland and later I go to Germany (Munich).

I was thinking to stay totally in Zurich.

Go to a day trip to Bern, another day to Lucerne, and maybe another day to Interlaken.

But Zurich is more expensive than others. I was thinking of 70-80 euro for each night of my stay in a single room with private bathroom, but the less prices are 100 euro.

Do u recommend any other city to choose to stay? If I stay in Zurich, I must find a hotel near the train station or its okay to be far from the center and train station?

Many thx in advance

canada
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budgeted stay in one city and travel around.

Choose your base either in Lucerne or Bern. These are about one hour train from Zurich.

You know Zurich hotel prices are on the high side, and higher still are those close to the main train station. Even locals commute to work in Zurich.

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
304 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budgeted stay in one city and travel around.

Thx for the replay,

I'm searching in booking.com and the prices are high even in Bern and Lucerne.

It seems Switzerland cost more than Italy. :)

I may try Basel too.

I hope all the cities are safe to stay for solo travelers. (beside being careful is up to me but I think Switzerland is a safe) :D

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
12,951 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budgeted stay in one city and travel around.

Hi Gayaneh H

I agree with bofroster, go to the Lucerne area and enjoy the many excursion options from there. You can find all the information needed on www.luzern.com and the Top Questions about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum).

If you are looking for cheaper accommodation and do not find it at Lucerne, look also at Brunnen - www.brunnentourismus.ch and Top Questions about Brunnen (TA Brunnen forum) - which is also along lake Lucerne.

As an alternative for less expensive accommodation look at www.sjh.ch/en (Youth Hostels, open for everybody).

By the way, the currency in Switzerland is the Swiss Franc (Fr. or SFr. or CHF) and not the Euro. Prices on www.luzern.com are given in CHF. Do not pay with Euro in Switzerland as you would pay for the service to change Euro back into Swiss Francs.

Happy planning

pore

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
304 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budgeted stay in one city and travel around.

thx for the useful websites,

I can't believe the hotels are almost sold out. :)

I hope I will be able to find a great place.

thx again

Tehran, Iran
Level Contributor
304 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budgeted stay in one city and travel around.

I was searching other cities, and Spiez seems good too.

Hotel Movieworld offers 90 euro per night and Hotel-Restaurant Seegarten-Marina offers 100 euro per night.

I don't have any information about Spiez but it seems safe and sound.

Also as google map shows it's near to Bern, Interlaken, Lucerne, Zurich and I think I can have a day trip to this cities and then go to Germany.

6. Re: Budgeted stay in one city and travel around.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, January 10, 2015