We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Globus Tours

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Globus Tours

Has anyone done the Globus Alpine Countries Tour (ZF)? I've never been to Europe and am considering this tour. Switzerland is the country I most want to visit, along with southern Germany. It seems to fit my requirements. Would love feedback on this. Thanks in advance.

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,815 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Globus Tours

Hi cindyduffek and welcome on the forum

Most people here are travelling on their own as this is so easy in Switzerland.

You can find different publications about these tours on http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=globus+tours&geo=188045&pid=3825&returnTo=__2F__ShowForum__2D__g188045__2D__i336__2D__Switzerland__2E__html

If you would like to consider to visit Switzerland on your own please look at the many information on the Top questions about Switzerland (right side of your actual screen.

Happy planning

pore

crowley,tx.
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Globus Tours

So, this is your first trip. I believe that if you would go to Untour.com this might be what you need I made 3 tours with this company and the support is outstanding. Check them out and let me know the results.

Schatz80@sbcglobal.net

crowley,tx.
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Globus Tours

So, this is your first trip. I think you should go to Untour.com it is a great company in the Phila. area. I have taken 3 tours with them and it always has been outstanding. Check them out and let me know the results. This Sept. we will go on our 4th tour. This time to Switzerland's heartland.

schatz80@sbcglobal.net

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Globus Tours

Thanks. I will check this out.

ROSSLYN
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Globus Tours

Just finished a Globus tour - the best of Switzerland. The first time that I traveled with Globus and it was absolutely fantastic. From the tour guide, to the bus driver and bus, to the meals and down to the included and optional tours - everything was better than I could have imagined. Many people who we traveled with had experience with Globus in the past and they claimed that this was standard with Globus. My advice to others that if you want the best guided tour of Switzerland and only have a week or so - pick this tour and this company.

Humble, Texas
Level Contributor
41 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Globus Tours

I am also researching for a tour of Switzerland for summer of 2015,and am considering going through Globus. This is the first time I will be traveling to Europe (husband has been overseas numerous times with business), and we will celebrate our 35th anniversary there! I have a good friend who uses Globus frequently for overseas trips, and she loves them. She gave me the names of 2 other companies, but said she HIGHLY recommends Globus over the other 2. I did look at the other companies, and they were much more expensive. I too am very interested in all comments on this post....

Now, I just have to make a decision as to the dates!

Easton, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Globus Tours

hi,

a TOUR is useful and has many advantages....it takes the worry out of the trip for the most part. I did a tour when I was in my 20s. When I did it, I realized that traveling in europe was really quite easy. Subways function like those in the USA, buses and trams and trains that are frankly better than ours! Planning the trip, having to make many choices along the journey, learning the transport systems, how to shop for food, meeting many other people than those on the tour, makes going without a tour enriching. Lastly, planning your own itinerary, based upon your own interests and times is optimal. I know that tours are efficient, but I kust wanted to try and encourage some of you to. at least, make an itinerary of where you would like to go in the alps....and ask us for help! Especially if you are traveling with someone else! If we can be of any help...we are here!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Globus Tours

klaggs -- I just read your post about the Globus Tours The Best of Switzerland Tour. My husband and I are considering this tour and have questions. How much time do you have in the towns that you stop into during the day? Do you get to stop in towns in Italy or just drive through? How long did you stay in Zermatt? Did you just arrive at night and leave the next morning? This town is the main reason why my husband wants to go to Switzerland. I would appreciate any more information that you would give to us. Oh, how was the ride in the bus? What type of clothes did you bring? Thanks. Your response is appreciated.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Globus Tours

meinker -- My husband and I are also considering this Globus tour in May/June for our 35th anniversary. However, we have lots of questions. So I will be on this site many nights before we book.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
14,346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Globus Tours

> This town is the main reason why my husband wants to go to Switzerland.

Then you should really think about visiting the things that YOU want to visit rather than what the tour company wants you to visit.