We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit apart from Mt Titlis.....

Al Khor, Qatar
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Places to visit apart from Mt Titlis.....

Friends,

I am going to Switzerland from 30/12/2013 to 2/1/2014 with family and young kids and I am staying at Grafenort. One day I have reserved for Mt Titlis. What is your suggestion to visit other place on near by area, I have checked Mt Pilatus train service is closed during winter so it will be the same as Mt Titlis cable car visit.

Please suggest.l

Mentioned in this post
Mount Titlis
Mount Titlis
2,571 Reviews
Engelberg, Switzerland
Mount Pilatus
Mount Pilatus
4,862 Reviews
Lucerne, Switzerland
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
59,303 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit apart from Mt Titlis.....

Hi there,

Some boats on Lake Lucerne should still go, and in winter the sights from them are also impressive. So that fills another day easily, probably outbound boat and then inbound train.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mentioned in this post
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,958 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit apart from Mt Titlis.....

Hi Vishal S

From Grafenort you can visit Engelberg, Brunni, Stans, Seelisberg/Treib, Lucerne, Hergiswil - see www.glasi.ch -, Mt. Rigi etc. etc.

Look at the Top Questions about Lucerne for even more suggestions in the area. Also Brunnen (for example the Swiss Knife Museum) can be visited (I would use the boat - www.lakelucerne.ch -.

Happy planning

pore

Mentioned in this post
Engelberg
Engelberg
Canton of Obwalden, Switzerland
Stans
Stans
Canton of Nidwalden, Switzerland
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Mt. Rigi
Mt. Rigi
1,896 Reviews
Lucerne, Switzerland
Brunnen
Brunnen
Canton of Schwyz, Switzerland
Swiss Holiday Park
Swiss Holiday Park
329 Reviews
Morschach, Switzerland
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
40,466 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit apart from Mt Titlis.....

Vishal S -

you are assuming that because the cable car on Pilatus is closed the Rotair at Titlis is too? If so you are wrong... the Rotair is working!

Aside from that, a visit to the Glasi at Hergiswil is terrific. The tour shows you the history of the glass blowers and how glass is blown. You can then even try your hand at it! And there are two excellent shops there to get lovely glass souvenirs.

Mentioned in this post
Titlis
Titlis
101 Reviews
Engelberg, Switzerland
4. Re: Places to visit apart from Mt Titlis.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 07, 2014