We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas time in Switzerland - Any "Must sees"?

Tampa, Florida
7 posts
Save Topic
Christmas time in Switzerland - Any "Must sees"?

We will be staying in Lucerne December 21-23 before traveling down to Italy. I would like to get the most out of our stay and take in as much of the "Christmas spirit" that I can in Switzerland, any suggestions on the best things to see or best places to visit during Christmas? We are open to travel to Zurich, Basel, or any other place that has something going on. Which Christmas market is your favorite? What are your favorite Christmas sites in the areas?

Thanks for your advice!!

Edited: 12:49 pm, November 20, 2013
Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
13,198 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas time in Switzerland - Any "Must sees"?

Hi SNT143

Did you have a look at the Top Questions about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum) where you find a lot of information? With your short stay at Lucerne I would warmly recommend to stay in the area.

There will be a nice Christmas market around the Franciscus monastery until December 22nd.

Have fun

pore

2. Re: Christmas time in Switzerland - Any "Must sees"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 23, 2014