We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Switzerland in October

1 post
Save Topic
Switzerland in October

I am planning to visit Switzerland on October 19 for 6 nights with my wife and 2 kids (6 and10) I will be coming from Paris by train and can fly back either from Zurich/ Geneva or Milan. We are mainly interested in scenic views and want to cover both Glacier express and golden pass line. Appreciate any suggestion for itenary. This is our 1st time in Switzerland

canada
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Switzerland in October

Roughly your route will be:- Paris via BaselSBB to Lucerne. Then Golden Pass to Montreux, with chances to see the Castle of Chillon and the chocolate factory. Then up to Zermatt. Take Glacier Express the next day to St Moritz. Last day take train towards Zurich airport. Depending on your flight time, you can choose between Zurich City, airport and Winterthur. Winterthur has a science place for kids to explore. It is only 10 min to airport.

St. Moritz...
Destination Expert
for St. Moritz, Engadin St. Moritz
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Switzerland in October

To add to bofosters itinerary: depending on the flight's departure time and the airline, you could also start your return journey to the airport from St. Moritz. There is an option to check in at the train station with several airlines, so you would not have to overnight once more in Zurich and you could travel to the airport hassle-free. See sbb.ch/en/…check-in-at-the-railstation.html - I do this whenever possible when I travel.

3. Re: Switzerland in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 18, 2014