We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super saver ticket

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Topic
Super saver ticket

Hello

We are travelling around Switzerland for 2 weeks from the end of September.

We are going to buy point to point tickets when we are in Switzerland but I read about supersaver tickets recently.

We were planning on buying our half fare card in Switzerland so can we buy half fare Supersaver tickets beforehand (14 days in advance) without having our half fare card?

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super saver ticket

>We were planning on buying our half fare card in Switzerland so can we buy half fare Supersaver tickets beforehand (14 days in advance) without having our half fare card?

Supersaver tickets can only be bought online from 14 days before travel. You do not have to have your HFC when you buy the tickets but will have to have it to hand to show to the Conductor when you travel.

sbb.ch/en/…supersaver-tickets.html

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
34,166 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super saver ticket

Supersaver tickets are tied to a specific train at a specific time. Which makes them not so advantageous and even risky since if you miss that train you cannot use the ticket on anything else... In my experience they hardly ever work to one's advantage. But no harm in trying, you might get lucky!! But don't expect to save a lot of money. I regularly travel from Martigny to Brig which is 55mins by train. A Supersaver (if it fits my schedule) saves me the grand sum of 3.60!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Super saver ticket

check railplus.com.au and look at swiss pass continuous or flexipass. we are looking at these when we do our switzerland trip next year.

unless the supersaver tickets you are referring to are the save as the saver pass on the swiss pass.

4. Re: Super saver ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 29, 2014