We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Hotels in Advance?

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
8 posts
Save Topic
Booking Hotels in Advance?

Hello,

Me and my wife will be traveling to Switzerland for 10 days starting first week of September. We'll be traveling a lot during or visit (doing panoramic trains and other stuff). My question is: should I book hotels in advance or is it likely that i will get hotels on spot. Booking hotels in advance means that we cannot be flexible in our itinerary.

Just to give you an idea, we are thinking to have bases in the following towns

- Interlaken

- Bern

- Lucern

- Zermett

Thanks in advance for your advice :)

Zuerich
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Hotels in Advance?

In September ... If you are traveling to the most common touristic spots then there is a good chance that you will be able to find accommodation, however because most hotels are smaller with limited number of rooms, do not expect to have a large choice or any better deals. In fact it may be that the only rooms left would be more expensive rooms or suites - this is the risk you would be taking.

I would strongly suggest booking rooms in advance, and paying attention to the cancellation conditions. Many hotel offer free cancellation up to the day before ...so in the case that you want to remain flexible, this is the option that ensures you have somewhere to go, but you can change your plans as you travel.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Hotels in Advance?

Many thanks for your reply. I also think its better to book in advance!

3. Re: Booking Hotels in Advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 03, 2014