We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need information for my Switzerland trip

3 posts
Save Topic
need information for my Switzerland trip

Dear All,

I am attending a conference in Monaco and then will be having 4-5 days trip for site seeing in Switzerland . I need advice and support for the below information. I will start my trip to Switzerland on 21st June and hace time till 25/26th of June.

Monaco to Switzerland , where should I start in Switzerland. I want to see mountains , sites and nature

Should I take one way train to lucerne or any other place to start my day1. Where should I go to see the mountains and should I take some rail pass or better to use any tour operators. I want to see top of Europe place and also mt. Titlis.. just saw these names on internet....

Then once I finish from 3/4 days in Switzerland I need to go to Paris to take my flight back to Dubai.

Plz let me know if I can have some econimical travel pass for all tours inside swiss and then also use to go back to paris.

Since I am alone what is the best place to stay or if I can join any group to have some company. I am fine to stay in bed and breakfast since most of my time to be spent travelling.

Thanks in advance for your valued responses

Mentioned in this post
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Top of Europe
Top of Europe
371 Reviews
Jungfraujoch, Switzerland
Titlis
Titlis
101 Reviews
Engelberg, Switzerland
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need information for my Switzerland trip

Also plz let me know if I buy any passes online will there be any discount ss well. ..

Goldau, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Lucerne, Zug, Brunnen
Level Contributor
15,979 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need information for my Switzerland trip

Hi freebird72 and welcome on the forum

Why post your questions twice? This does not make sense and I asked TA to delete the other ones.

The Lucerne area is a great choice. For a lot of information look at www.luzern.com and the Top Questions about Lucerne (TA Lucerne forum).

I would not recommend to visit Jungfraujoch from Lucerne (again, see Top Questions about Lucerne).

With the short time you have available I would stay in one base and enjoy the area.

For all public transport information look at www.sbb.ch/en , rail pass information can be found on www.swisstravelsystem.ch .

Happy planning

pore

Mentioned in this post
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Jungfraujoch
Jungfraujoch
2,465 Reviews
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
3. Re: need information for my Switzerland trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 08, 2014