Hi, I am traveling to Switzerland over the Summer (end of June) this year.
The following is my plan for a "7 days & 6 nights trip": (--please give me some advice--)
I will get a 8-days Swiss Pass
1) Day 1: I will land in Geneva, and I intend to spend a night there before traveling to Interlaken on the next day.
2) Day 2: I will spend my morning in Geneva (visiting the city centre, United Nations building, Fountain). Is it too short?
I will take a train to Interlaken West after lunch (journey: 2-3 hours).
I shall then visit Interlaken town for the rest of the day.
3) Day 3: I take early train from Interlaken Ost (to Lauterbrunnen, then show my Swiss Pass at the ticket counter, to obtain 50% OFF the mountain railway, to Jungfraujoch???)
How long would it take for the entire trip to Jungfraujoch, for both ways?
Train journey is approx 2.5 hrs each way. So, 5 hours on train in total?
Let's say I spend 3 hours in Jungfraujoch, is it sufficient?
I will visit the Sphinx Hall and Ice Palace.
So, in total, 8 hours for Jungfraujoch?
If I start my journey at 8am, can I expect to return to Interlaken West station at around 4pm?
Because I will need to take a train to Zermatt. Train journey is again 2-3 hours.
Arrive in Zermatt at around 7pm??
Then spend the rest of the day in Zermatt.
4) Day 4: spend a day in Zermatt.
Leave Zermatt at around 4pm for Lucerne, which will take about 3 hours train.
Spend the rest of the day in Lucerne.
5) Day 5: Spend a day in Lucerne. Leave Lucerne for Zurich in the evening.
6) Day 6: Full day in Zurich: shopping and city tour.
7) Day 7: Spend the morning in the Zurich. Catch a train (3 hours) to Geneva. Exit Switzerland from Geneva.
Is my plan viable? Is my schedule too tight, therefore might be slightly risky?
Do you have any better suggestion?