We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions on Swiss Pass

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Questions on Swiss Pass

Hi,

Can anyone advise if it is possible to buy the Swiss Pass at the Zurich Airport on arrival or do i need to travel to Zurich Main Station to get it? If available at the airport, where can i get it? From Train station ticketing window, Tourist Office or is there a SBB counter etc? Would i be able to request for a Swiss Family card on the spot for my child when buying the pass?

Also, do i need to have a Swiss Pass before making seat reservations on the Golden Panoramic Trains? I would prefer to reserve the seats in advance although i will only be buying the Swiss pass when i arrive in Zurich.

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions on Swiss Pass

You can obtain the Swiss Pass and family card at the railway office at the airport.

You can buy the reservations for the panoramic trains in advance of having a ticket. www.mob.ch

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions on Swiss Pass

Thanks for the confirmation! :)

Noida, Uttar...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions on Swiss Pass

I hope the swiss pass is available a the airport for all varities - i need a saver card (with family pass) for 8 consecutive days. Will the price be same as shown online on swisstravelsystem site. Saver pass costs CHF 334 per person for 8 days. swisstravelsystem.com/en/…details

The site does not mention anything about its availability at the airport station or its pricing.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions on Swiss Pass

rajneesh1974

>Will the price be same as shown online on swisstravelsystem site.

Yes.

>The site does not mention anything about its availability at the airport

swisstravelsystem.com/en/home/support/Freque…

See under 'General information'.

> i need a saver card (with family pass) for 8 consecutive days.

Are you sure? You need to travel significant distances on main line transport (trains, boats and buses) for all 8 days to get full value. The pass only gives a discount on most mountain transport. Have you considered the Swiss Saver Flexi-Pass of 1 month Half Fare Card? The free Swiss Family Card is available with all STS passes.

swisstravelsystem.com/en/tickets-en/ticket-o…

Noida, Uttar...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions on Swiss Pass

Thanks a lot for this information.

Regarding other options of tickets, I just assumed that swiss pass would be most flexible and convenient. Also I visited in 2010 and was happy with the swiss pass. However if u can help me with a better option, it will be great.

My itinerary is as follows (group of 2 adults + 2 kids). Staying in engelberg for 3nts and manor farms for 4nights.

Day 1 Zurich airport to engelberg

Day 2 Engelberg ro Titlis

Day 3 Engelberg to luzern, then cruise to brunen/flueln , mount rigi on the way then back to engelberg

Day 4 Engelberg to Interlaken - manor farms

Day 5 Jungfrajoch

Day 6 probably excursion on golden pass south of interlaken

Day 7 yet to decide

Day 8 back to zurich airport.

Noida, Uttar...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions on Swiss Pass

Thanks a lot for this information.

Regarding other options of tickets, I just assumed that swiss pass would be most flexible and convenient. Also I visited in 2010 and was happy with the swiss pass. However if u can help me with a better option, it will be great.

My itinerary is as follows (group of 2 adults + 2 kids). Staying in engelberg for 3nts and manor farms for 4nights.

Day 1 Zurich airport to engelberg

Day 2 Engelberg ro Titlis

Day 3 Engelberg to luzern, then cruise to brunen/flueln , mount rigi on the way then back to engelberg

Day 4 Engelberg to Interlaken - manor farms

Day 5 Jungfrajoch

Day 6 probably excursion on golden pass south of interlaken

Day 7 yet to decide

Day 8 back to zurich airport.

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions on Swiss Pass

rajneesh1974

I'm sorry but I did not realise from reading your first post that you had previous experience of the Swiss Pass. I am sure this will stand you in good stead.

Without firm plans for days 6 and 7 it is not really possible to come to any conclusions as to which is the most economic pass for your itinerary. Currently it looks like the 1 month Half Fare Card.

Noida, Uttar...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions on Swiss Pass

Thanks for a quick reply. Will surely evaluate the half fare card option. Thanks.

There is another question that has been troubling me and havent been able to get a firm answer.

I would need a prepaid sim with about 500mb of data to be used on my smartphone. Where can I get the sim when I get there. I checked orange's website. There is a 10chf sim with 10chf credit and 300mb free data. But to buy it online, it asks for id card and makes to believe that it is meant for swiss residents only. Are there any other options for tourists or can the same card be bought when we are there. If yes, can it be bought at the zurich airport and how much time would they take to activate it

Thanks.

9. Re: Questions on Swiss Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 25, 2014