We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day tour from Solothurn

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 day tour from Solothurn

Hi Guys,

I am in Solothurn for couple of days and have 1 day to roam around. Can you help me to make best out of Saturday to roam around Solothurn.

I can leave Solothurn at around 10 am and want to be back by 8 pm.

Please suggest the best use of time in-between.

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day tour from Solothurn

It depends on what you want to see!

You can take a direct train to the nations capital city at Bern.

Take the train to Oberdorf and then the chairlift to the Weissenstein for a view of the region and on a clear day the Alps.

The high mountains of the Bernese Oberland can be reached in about 2 and a half hours, take the train to Interlaken via Burgdorf and Thun. www.rail.ch

Wimborne Minster...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day tour from Solothurn

There is no longer a chairlift to Weissenstein.

Haverhill, United...
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day tour from Solothurn

I thought that may be so. I think I read that they may be replacing if with a gondola.

4. Re: 1 day tour from Solothurn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 18, 2014