We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guide on travel

Pretoria, Gauteng...
1 post
guide on travel

To whom it may concern

My fiends and i will be traveling to the Royal Alpage resort from Munich, Germany. what would be the best route/form of travel to get to the resort?

Yours truly

Concerned traveler

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,261 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: guide on travel

Hi, welcome to Trip Advisor! The train is really your only choice unless you wish to hire a car and pay huge drop off fees. You can get the train timetables and the cost (if you won't have a rail pass of some sort) on the Swiss Rail website in English

www.sbb.ch/en

Just put in Munich and Champoussin. It will give you a drop down list and Royal Alpage is on the list.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 2:14 pm, November 25, 2011
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
44,231 posts
204 reviews
2. Re: guide on travel

When will you be going and what are you expecting to do once you get there? Champoussin is very small, and the access is not all that easy, by which I mean it is not all that well served by public transport.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
18,261 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: guide on travel

H., I've never been to Champoussin...it is the sort of place where the OP might find a car useful? If so, they could rent a car once they are in Switzerland and return it before they leave the country. Would that be advisable for this area?

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
44,231 posts
204 reviews
4. Re: guide on travel

KM

Champoussin is a TINY resort in the Val d'illiez. (VS) A couple of hotels and not much more... and not much service in terms of postbus. A car is essential IF one wants to see anything else of Switzerland. To get there you have to get to Aigle, take the AOMC train over to Val d'illiez and then connect to a postbus. the LAST connecting train from Aigle (on the Geneva-Brig main line) leaves at 17.22 and the FIRST at 08.22 It is not at all a "user friendly" place for tourist who wish to travel and sightsee in this country. OK for limited skiing.

5. Re: guide on travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 pm, June 22, 2013