We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Data plan

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Data plan

Hi I am a tourist about to visit Switzerland and understand i can buy a swisscom data plan - SIM only ( 4CHF/day) with unlimited data and connectivity is very good.

1) The question is I land at the airport around 10PM and from the net - it appears the airport shops close at 9 - Is there a 24hr shop at the airport to buy SIM only. I will be staying at Swissotel and visit Zermat (for glacier express) the next day early morning so if i Cant pick up at the airport can i pick up anywhere on the way

2) Is internet tethering allowed on Swisscom?

Thanks

bern
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Data plan

<and connectivity is very good. > Phone coverage is very good, surfing is not always very fast, but for reading some webpages it's in most places well enough. (even on mountain tops)

If you have a smartphone download the sbb app, like that you always have an updated timetable of public transport in Switzerland with you.

1) see swisscom.ch/res/…

2) it seems that it's possible if you have an Iphone swisscom.ch/res/…

I haven't heard that it is not legal or so (in case it's possible), but I would ask when you buy the phone.

Edited: 7:18 am, August 23, 2011
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Data plan

thanks a ton !!

3. Re: Data plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 15, 2012