We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to visit Switzerland in July

Dubai
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to visit Switzerland in July

Was hoping i can get some help.

I have been to Switzerland when I was younger to visit.

Wanted to have a 10 day vacation with my family in July.

I know that Winter is peak season because of the ski resorts, I thought maybe there would be good deals in the summer.

I was looking for the best place in the country side or by a lake.

Possibly a Chalet?

I could possibly rent a car to drive there, but I am looking for something close to major town or city not in a totally isolated area.

Would appreciate the experts help.

thanks

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to visit Switzerland in July

You are quite spoilt for choice in Switzerland. We all have our favourite places and there is so much beauty that it's useful to narrow things down a bit.

For a start, take a look at www.myswitzerland.com This is the official tourism website and will give you a sense of which areas appeal most to you. Once you've found a general area which really inspires you, we can chip in with some suggestions. In order to help us give you the most useful advice, it's good if you can tell us what your hopes are for your holiday, what are your interests, budget, do you speak any French/German/Italian, what age are your children and how many are there in your family - basically, the more you can tell us the better.

10 days is a lovely amount of time to spend and you'll be able to do lots of things. You don't need to hire a car, unless it's particularly appealing or necessary to you, since the public transport system is excellent.

Happy researching.

France
Level Contributor
1,992 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to visit Switzerland in July

There are really 2 seasons and the summer is one them due to the beauty of the lakes and mountains for hiking etc. Northwestlondoner is right to say to look at www.myswitzerland.com and see what areas appeal to you.

If you are interested in chalets or apartments a good site to look at is www.homelidays.com which I have used myself and can recommend - if you do a search you will get loads of choices. I also know of www.holiday-rentals.co.uk but I have never used it so can't say how good it is. Both put you in touch with with owners who want to rent out their chalets etc and you deal direct with the owner.

Depending on what you want to do and where you find accommodation then a car may or may not be good idea. If you are in a town then it won't be neeeded but if you are really isolated in the countryside it may be convenient. I would advise to leave this as your last decision, when all the accommodation is booked and you know what trips you want to make.

3. Re: Best place to visit Switzerland in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, October 15, 2009