We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Titlis Vs Jungfrau

Reading
8 posts
Save Topic
Mt Titlis Vs Jungfrau

People, I'm going to Swiss mid of next week and planning to stay in Interlaken. Going to be a short trip though. 4 days. What would you suggest? Mt Titlis AND Juanfrau or Mt. Titlis OR Jungrau? I thought both of same kind you know. instead, if there any other hidden treasure in Swiss, please share.

Cheers

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,819 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Titlis Vs Jungfrau

There's no way you could call either of these a hidden treasure.

What are you looking for - do you have a pressing need to go to Jungfraujoch or have you just heard that it's the place to go?

I would suggest neither. Go to Murren via Grutschalp. When you get to the top of the cable car at Grutschalp ignore the train and just stand and look. It's the most awesome view of mountains that you could imagine, a full frontal of Eiger, Jungfrau and Monsch. Walk from here to Winteregg, stop for a beer then carry on to Murren. Come back the same way or take the cable car down via Grutschalp.

Another day take the boat to Brienz, assuming they are running again, and stop at Giesbach. Go up the funicular then walk up alongside the falls, these are spectacular. Then walk back down and have a beer.

DO NOT under any circumstances get tempted by Pilatus. This is a day of queues punctuated by good views, it's a particularly obnoxious day out, leaving Interlaken at 9am there's just enough time to join the queue for tickets, then the queue for the gondola, then the togoggan queue then the cable car queue in time to join the queue to get back down again in time for the last train back. If you are lucky you may have time to queue for beer, but maybe not.

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Titlis Vs Jungfrau

I agree with most of what the previous poster says. The Jungfraujoch although a once in a life time experience it is just that.

You have to go at a time the weather is at is clearest and the crowds at theit less. My favorite view of the big three is from the Schynigge Platte reached by train at Wilderswill.

Reading
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Titlis Vs Jungfrau

Thanks for your suggestions mate. will work out a plan. cheers

KCS
Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
10 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Titlis Vs Jungfrau

If you like hiking then from Lauterbrunnen (a stunning valley) take a hike up to Kleine Scheidigg which is a really cool mountain spot with great apple cake and rosti available while you stare at the magnificent Eiger

You can always take the train there too !

This is where you can take the hugely expensive train to the Jungfrau if you desire. Only go if the sky is clear.

Agree that Murren is a great place - again you can hike up from Lauterbrunnen on the other side of the valley.

In Interlaken you can do trips like glacier ice climbing, white water rafting on the melt from the Jungfrau; canyoning and paragliding into Interlaken.

Enjoy. Just hope the weather improves........

5. Re: Mt Titlis Vs Jungfrau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 07, 2009