We'll be in Switzerland for one week next month (3 adults). We're staying in Lucerne for three nights and Grindelwald for three nights. I've read lots of posts on the Switzerland forum but am still unsure about a few things.
As far as what to do/see... I know I'd like to visit Mt Titlis (as my young adult son has never seen snow), take a boat ride on Lake Lucurne and have a macaron or two whilst in Lucerne. Also, weather permitting, take the trains to the 'Top of Europe' from Grindelwald.
My questions are
1. Should we be doing only Mt Titlis or the Top of Europe, not both?
2. Other ideas for our limited time schedule.
3. What activities are there to do at Titlis during July...ie will my adult kids need water snow pants as they love having fun?
4. Will sneakers be sufficient as we're going to a number of different countries whilst travelling and have luggage restrictions? Do we do need snow boots for the two mountain visits listed above/ hiking boots for Grindelwald area. If needed, can we hire these and the approx costs? (I've googled like crazy and don't seem to be getting anywhere!)
5. Do we need snow gloves for Mt Titlis and the Top of Europe in mid July?
6. Apart from absorb the amazing view, should we be planning to do anything else whilst at the Top of Europe?
Any feedback greatly appreciated.