We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suit cases on Tram 11

Perth
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Suit cases on Tram 11

Hi from Australia

Wife and I arrive in Basel by train from Zurich arriving around 4.30 pm and hope to catch the # 11 tram from Bahnhof SBB to Barfusserplatz to get to our hotel . A few days latter the same tram to St Johanns-Tor to catch a cruise boat.

My question is, Are you able to board the tram with medium sized suit cases at what I would assume will be peak travel times?

Thank you for your time.

Grub

Mentioned in this post
Basel
Basel
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Likely To Sell Out
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,053 Reviews
from $163.00*
Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,245 Reviews
from $152.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Swiss Alps Day Trip from Zurich...
371 Reviews
from $250.20*
3 replies to this topic
Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suit cases on Tram 11

Sure you can take your bags. Trams would be pretty useless otherwise. Best board through the second or third doors though. The front door, next door to the driver, is narrower and there is not much space for luggage there.

Perth
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suit cases on Tram 11

Thanks for that info.

Only asked because here (Perth) trains are ridiculously crowded at peak times. No room to swing a cat let alone bring on suitcases. Stuff like bikes are not allowed during peak times. We have seniors cards which allow free transport but you can not use them during peak periods either.

Thanks again.

Grub

Mentioned in this post
Perth
Perth
Perth and Kinross, UK
Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suit cases on Tram 11

During peak times we just run more trams. While it is common that some people will have to stand during rush hour it is not common for loads to be uncomfortably high. And Basel trams are quite long...

Mentioned in this post
Basel
Basel
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
Reply to: Suit cases on Tram 11
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;