We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grindelwald, Murren, Brienz or Wengen?

5 posts
Grindelwald, Murren, Brienz or Wengen?

This is my first time travelling to Switzerland and I have no idea as to which area would suit our needs the most. We're looking at: Grindelwald, Murren, Brienz or Wengen.

Here are some factors that we want to consider:

1. We will be there from the 1st to the 5th of July.

1. We're arriving in Zürich, so the more accessible it is to Zurich (in terms of transfer and such), the better. We're thinking about taking a short trip to St. Moritz during our stay there, so a good access to there is also important.

2. It's my parents, my little sister and myself (both in late teens), and we can only speak English.

3. Great access to nature activities like hiking or cycling

4. Perhaps most importantly, how touristy it is (I know good locations usually come with a lot of tourists, but I would really prefer to avoid big parties of tourists as much as possible)

Thank you so much!

1 reply
England, United...
Level Contributor
3,537 posts
195 reviews
1. Re: Grindelwald, Murren, Brienz or Wengen?

They all have one thing in common, which is they dont have easy access to St Moritz. All are easy to get to from Zurich. Grindelwald is the most touristy. Realistically it all depends on which hotel you like best and what you plan to do.

Edited: 5:44 pm, May 11, 2018
Reply to: Grindelwald, Murren, Brienz or Wengen?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted