We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Train From Paris to Murren - 2018

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Booking Train From Paris to Murren - 2018

I am trying to get to Murren from Paris next month, on a Sunday in March. I understand from this forum and others that at about 6 hours in travel time, taking a train is the way to go. But I'm having difficulty finding a train to book! When I try to do it from Bahn the date keeps changing to October (I assume this means March trains are booked?), when I try to do it from SBB they don't allow me to choose one way, and when trying from SNCF no trains can be found. I was hoping just to buy one ticket with only about 3 changes - going through Basel.

Should I reconsider, fly into Geneva and try to catch a train from there? I would so appreciate any advice.

1 reply
Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
1 review
1. Re: Booking Train From Paris to Murren - 2018

Bahn.de cannot book this train for you, as this is not a German train. SNCF can’t book you all the way, just to major Swiss places. Best to book this with www.sbb.ch. It is inconceivable that March would already be booked out. (It’s even highly unlikely that even tomorrow would be booked out. Trains rarely sell out. Domestic Swiss trains never sell out)

That the “date changes to October” is probably because you are entering a date in October. We enter dates in the logical day-month-year format. Pay attention here.

So book this with www.sbb.ch. There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to book this one way.

For example on www.sbb.ch I see: Paris departure 10:15 on TGV to Basel, change there for Interlaken then again for Lauterbrunnen where you change for the cablecar to Mürren.

Duration 6:15. That would be my choice.

When you click on the purchase link the first thing that is asked is if you want one way, or return. Just select one way and you will be able to buy a one way ticket.

Flying to Geneva and taking a train from there will probably double costs and add about 2 hours travel time.

Edited: 10:05 am, February 11, 2018
Reply to: Booking Train From Paris to Murren - 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted