We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Switzerland Itinerary Suggestions 7 nights

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Switzerland Itinerary Suggestions 7 nights

Hello to all!

My husband and I are visiting Switzerland for our first time from August 6th to 13th 2018. We will be arriving from Amsterdam (I believe we will need to fly into Zurich and train to Bern) and are returning home from Munich, Germany (either fly or train to Munich from Switzerland)

I would like to run my Itinerary past the experts first before researching any further. All internal transport will be via train unless you suggest otherwise. I have read it is not wise to drive. I'm not sure if I am adding too much into such a short time?

BERN 3 nights.

One full day Bern and old city Bern

One full day in Interlaken which part of day is to do the Daniels funrental on quad bike (3 hour tour)

Daily trip to include some (or all) Lucern, Iseltwald, Spiez, Blausee, Lausanne Oberhofen

Should we do Golden Round Trip Lucerne from Bern or from Grindelwald?

GRINDELWALD 4 nights

One full day Grindelwald First (cablecar, scooter, zipline, hike)

Helicpoter trip from Lauterbrunnen out around Matterhorn (60 min flight)

Kleine Scheidegg, Wengen,, Murren, Lake Thun (boat trip)

Glacier Cave

Trummelbach Falls

Wishlist - cooking class, cheese making, farm, alphorn, suspension bridge

The reason I selected Bern and Grindelwald is they look (on goggle maps) to be the most convenient or shortest travelling times to get to the various towns? I have not booked anything yet and have read so many forums and reviews I feel I'm beginning to confuse myself so please feel free to advise if I have got it wrong.

Thank you for your time. Suzette :)

Bestseller
Mount Titlis Day Tour from Zurich
1,068 Reviews
from $163.40*
Bestseller
Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour...
1,271 Reviews
from $150.20*
Wees er snel bij
Jungfraujoch: Top of Europe Day Trip...
1,087 Reviews
from $250.80*
2 replies to this topic
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Switzerland Itinerary Suggestions 7 nights

You could do most of your wish list from Grindelwald itself. For example

Go by train to Bern (11/2 hours) explore the city, return by train to Thun take the boat from Thun (see or get of at Oberhofen), continue by boat to Spiez and back to Interlaken West, train to Ost station and back to Grindelwald.

Go by train to Interlaken Ost, take the boat to Brienz, have a look around and take train to Lucerne, you could do Lucerne first and then the boat. From the boat you can see Iseltwald or take the bus from Interlaken Ost and then get the boat from Iseltwald to Brienz and continue to Lucerne.

If by suspension bridge you mean the Trift bridge you could that from Grindelwald by bus to Meiringen and then bus to where you get the cable car to start the hike to the bridge, the hike is around 11/2 hours in both directions.

I would leave out Lausanne and Blausee, even then it is a very busy itinerary trying to fit everything in.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Switzerland Itinerary Suggestions 7 nights

Thanks so much for your reply Marmott12, much appreciated. Sometimes it just takes one or two helpful suggestions to get you on the right path!

I hadn't started research on transport including boat as well as train... that is great thanks!

Do you suggest I go straight to Grindelwald from Zurich airport. Or should we stay in Lucerne the first night and go up to Mt Pilatus (Golden Round Trip) for the day? It looks the trip on train from Grindelwald to Lucerne is 2 1/2 hours one way?

To take the pressure off I will take your suggestion in going to Bern for the day only and missing Lausanne and Blausee. Thanks

Reply to: Switzerland Itinerary Suggestions 7 nights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted