We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat trip in lake Breinz and jungfraujou

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat trip in lake Breinz and jungfraujou

hi all,

I will be staying in Bern and planning a trip to Jungfrau top of Europe, planning to start my day in the morning 8 am , first I will go to the Jungfrau top of Europe ,

just wondering can be possible to do the boat trip in Lake Breinz in the same after noon ?

Many Thanks

Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
4,627 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat trip in lake Breinz and jungfraujou

When you plan to travel? It takes 3h from Berne to Jungfraujoch. Depending on time you plan to spend at Jungfraujoch (or on the way), you can return to Interlaken after 14:30 (Brienz by train around 15:30).

See boat timetable for Lake Brienz - operations resume April 1st, 2017, but till May 13, 2017 last departure Interlaken for Brienz is 14:07 (return from Brienz 15:40 to Interlaken). Boat with last departure Interlaken at 16:07 sails only May 13, 2017 to October 22. - https:/… and more at https:/…25.09.2017

Better take an earlier train from Berne - just make sure weather and views are sufficient before finalising decision to go up Jungfraujoch.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat trip in lake Breinz and jungfraujou

Hi jm2cents,

Thanks for your valuable reply .

i will be travelling from 4th april till 7th April . so i dont think i can add the boat trip in the same day , please suggest me is there anything else to i can add in the same day .

and the next day i am planning to go to Luzern from Bern . do the round boat trip over the mount Rigi . Hope that will be working in April . Do i need to book the boat trip in advance ? please shed some lights on this .

Many thanks again

Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
4,627 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat trip in lake Breinz and jungfraujou

Technically you can - take the train to Brienz, the boat at 15:40 for Interlaken (instead of trying to catch the boat from Interlaken to Brienz). So you would have to leave Jungfraujoch at 12:43.

But the better option is leaving Berne before 8:00 - the first trains leaves at 6:04 and would allow you to reach Jungfraujoch at 9:05. Sunrise at Jungfraujoch early April is around 7:00.

4. Re: Boat trip in lake Breinz and jungfraujou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 31, 2018