We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Pietro Cathedral

Which Perugia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
419 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
San Pietro Cathedral

Travelling from Assisi by train to visit S. Pietro, should I take the Mini-Metro from the station and walk back?

I don't know where the Mini Metro terminates

Edited: 10:17 am, July 29, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,872 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Pietro Cathedral

As you are arriving from Assisi, I presume you will be arriving at the Santa Anna station: in which case, you would be very close to S. Pietro cathedral, see www.planetware.com/map/perugia-map-i-per.htm - and for information on different stations, perugiaonline.com/easy/umbria_trenipgus.html

If you were arriving at the main FS station (Piazza V. Veneto), you could take the "mini-metro" 3 stops to the Centro Storico (Pincetto), where it terminates (mapa-metro.com/en/…Perugia-Minimetro-map.htm) and then walk out on e.g. Corso Cavour.

Edited: 10:53 am, July 29, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,872 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Pietro Cathedral

P.S. The map on here https:/…4c11d5bca9420f479e807d51 shows where the mini-metro terminal is - Via XIV Settembre/ Via Oberdan - and the first comment is on the price of the service (€1.50), which is clearly felt to be excessive!

Edited: 10:59 am, July 29, 2012
Wales
Level Contributor
419 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Pietro Cathedral

Thank you very much. I didn't think trains from Assisi stopped at S.Anna, as that would be the obvious place to alight - but then I'd miss the delights of the Minimetro! If 1.50 Euro is considered expensive, those who complain should try the Venetian vaporetti (Euro 7 per single trip) or the London Underground!

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Pietro Cathedral

Make sure to exit the train at Perugia-Fontivegge which is the town main station. When you exit the building turn left and you will find the minimetrò station. Exit the minimetro at Pincetto, walk uphill following the flow until you pass under a small tunnel. Turn left into Via Oberdan and walk downhill and turn left at the end of the stairs. From there is all straight-on until San Pietro.

Make sure to ask for the church of San Pietro as Perugia's official Cathedral is San Lorenzo.

Should you be intersted in the medieval garden attached to San Pietro please note that it's open Mon-Fri 08:00 to 17:00

Wales
Level Contributor
419 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Pietro Cathedral

Thank you , that's very helpful

6. Re: San Pietro Cathedral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, July 31, 2013