We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? OK to take wheeled luggage on Perugia mini metro ?

Which Perugia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
States
Level Contributor
118 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
? OK to take wheeled luggage on Perugia mini metro ?

Hello

Will be arriving via train into Perugia from Firenze SMN with wheeled luggage. We will then be staying at a centro storico Perugia hotel near Sant'Anna. I've seen posting about the Perugia mini metro which can be obtained next to the Perugia train station. Apparently the mini metro takes a route into the walled old city of Perugia. That would work great for us. Can anyone tell me if it's okay to be toting along wheeled luggage onto the mini metro. I'm hoping it stops at or near Sant'Anna.

Appreciate any info!!

Thanks!

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,704 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ? OK to take wheeled luggage on Perugia mini metro ?

First of all, check with your hotel whether it's better to take a bus from the station or the Mini Metro. There are quite a few bus lines from the front of the station, and it's possible that one of them will get you closer to your hotel.

Secondly, you can take wheeled luggage with you on the Mini Metro. If the luggage is bigger than 50 cms X 30 cms X 25 cms, you are supposed to buy a separate ticket for each piece which surpasses these dimensions. I would not worry if the dimensions are only slightly larger. The same rule applies to the bus system. Many people may tell you that the luggage dimension rule often is not enforced.

Edited: 9:25 am, June 16, 2012
2. Re: ? OK to take wheeled luggage on Perugia mini metro ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Perugia