We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Propose in Umbria

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Propose in Umbria

My GF and I are planning to travel to Italy this December. We are starting in Rome (Dec 22-26), then to Umbria (Dec 26-30), and finally to Florence (Dec 30-Jan 1).

This will be our first time traveling together in Italy and first time ever in Umbria. We have reservations at the Borgo dei Conti Resort in Perugia. It's a fairly new resort, and the reviews are a bit limited. So I hope it works out nicely for us.

While in Umbria, I've listed a few things to do and visit:

- Assisi

- Perugina chocolate factory

- Montalcino winery or two

- Spoletto

My main goal however is to find a romantic place where I can propose. Any ideas or suggestions to my proposal question or Umbria itinerary would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. My original plan was to stay and propose in Siena. Unfortunately, the hotel I was thinking was not available, and since we have already been to Siena, it would be nice to be in a completely new area in Italy.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Umbria
Umbria
Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Borgo Dei Conti Resort
Borgo Dei Conti Resort
515 Reviews
Boschetto Vecchio, Italy
Perugia
Perugia
Province of Perugia, Italy
Assisi
Assisi
Perugina Chocolate Factory
Perugina Chocolate...
1,167 Reviews
San Sisto, Italy
Montalcino
Montalcino
Province of Siena, Italy
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Propose in Umbria

I think this depends very much on the character of your GF. Does she like something fancy and classic or something alternative and a bit crazy? Or is she a cozy-homey type? A good restaurant and the help of some of our wonderful wines (it's by the way Montefalco and not Montalcino if you are in Umbria) it's a classic. And you can pick a castle or a rustic agriturismo, depending on the "level" you wish.

On the other side of the spectrum, you could pick a very good view point, provided that you have reasonably nice weather. For example the top of the exagonal tower of Assisi's fortress. In December there will not be many tourists if you are not there in Xmas day or New year.

Best wishes and lots of happiness!

Mentioned in this post
Montefalco
Montefalco
Montalcino
Montalcino
Province of Siena, Italy
Umbria
Umbria
Italy
albuquerque
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Propose in Umbria

Don't over think this! It's Italy and there will be many great moments. You'll know when the time and place is right.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
3. Re: Where to Propose in Umbria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Perugia