We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help please!!! undecided

Gold Coast Qld
Level Contributor
280 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Help please!!! undecided

My Hubby and I are travelling a few places in europe...we have accomadation booked in mondolfo marotta but can change it to just outside Perugia! As we wont be self driving and would like to depend on Public transport access and places of interest to visit...could I rely on any feebback as to stick with original place or take Perugia. We shall be coming in from Geneva possibly by train!

Thanks in advance for any insight into this!

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
469 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help please!!! undecided

When do you think to go? Marotta has nothing interesting but the sea; nearby Senigallia has some historical site.

Perugia is the other way around but would not swap with Marotta in July and August because frequent heat waves make the stay uncomfortable.

Gold Coast Qld
Level Contributor
280 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help please!!! undecided

Hi Aussies11

We are going in May! We are actually booked in Marotta but had option of going to Perugia instead(it is with our timeshare) you see! Won't drive over there so want to depend on train to take us around!! I think reading up on them both for that reason it's 6of one or another they both have train service close by!!

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
469 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help please!!! undecided

Hi Hazel. Definitily Umbria in May has lots to be lived as Calendimaggio in Assisi early in the month; Gubbio's Corsa dei Ceri the 15th, cantine aperte (opened winerys) at the end of May. Write back when you Know exatly your schedule if you wish further details.

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
508 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help please!!! undecided

Where's the timeshare in Perugia? Please make usre to have easy access to public transport and a short connection to teh station otherwise you will have hard time getting around without a car.

5. Re: Help please!!! undecided

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 am, June 18, 2013