We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day excursions from Perugia

Which Perugia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod
Level Contributor
217 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
day excursions from Perugia

After a few bus tours and two independent travels in Tuscany and Umbria, my husband and I are thinking about staying in Perugia next fall (minus a car). We've been to most of the surrounding towns and thought Perugia would be a good base for a week. We will not have a car so if we leave the city to visit another area, we would depend on some sort of day excursion/tour. Are these available through hotels or is there a tour office in the town that would have other places to see/visit i.e., a wine tour, visit to Cortona/Lucca/Florence? Any suggestions?

Francesca

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
217 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: day excursions from Perugia

I always wondered why someone would use google translation. Now I know why. Thank you.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: day excursions from Perugia

If you haven't sorted out accommodation yet, my wife and i stayed in a lovely little apartment in the heart of the old town, beside Fontana Maggiore earlier this year. I can recommend it. Don't be confused by the name. Although it is called Mini Resort Fontana Maggiore it is nothing like a resort. Just 3 apartments within a beautiful old building with elevator.

Also, if you are doing day trips by bus, there is an elevator that connects the old town with the bus depot through an underground cavern system.

resortfontanamaggiore.com/eng/default.aspx

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
217 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: day excursions from Perugia

Thank you for that information Aukland. I'll check it out and keep it in mind. This trip won't be until Sept/Oct. 2012 but already looking forward to it.

Francesca

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,037 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: day excursions from Perugia

Hi!

Here are some reviews for the resort Aigwam mentioned:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187907-d149026…

Bye :)

15. Re: day excursions from Perugia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Perugia